Monday, June 16, 2008

Hillary Clinton Superstar

Check out the latest issue of New York Magazine.

Here is a snippet
"For months now, my e-mail box has been full of messages from women across the country, explaining what Hillary’s run meant to them, why it was so important. The reasons vary depending on age and race and region, but the one element almost all my correspondents express in common is a furious resentment at the press for what they see as blatant misogyny in the coverage of Clinton.

When I mention this to Hillary, she laughs and exclaims, “I’d love to get a look at your e-mail!” And then, more soberly, she goes on, “There’s a reason for the resentment. The level of dismissive and condescending comments, not just about me—what do I care?—but about the people who support me and in particular the women who support me, has been shocking. Shocking to women and to fair-minded men. But what has really been more disappointing to me is how few voices that have a platform have spoken out against it. And that’s really why you seen this enormous grassroots outrage. There is no outlet. It is rare that you have anybody on these shows or in a position of responsibility at major publications who really says, ‘Wait a minute! What are we talking about here? I have a wife! I have a daughter! I want the best for them.’ ”

Clinton is fairly worked up now, but she’s far from finished. “I didn’t think I was in a position to take it on because it would have looked like it was just about me. And I didn’t think it was just about me. So the only time we took it on was in the thing about Chelsea, which was so far beyond the bounds, I mean, what planet are we living on? But nobody said anything until I made it an issue. So I just want everybody to really think hard about the larger lesson here. I know you can’t take me out of the equation, because I’m in the center of the storm. But it’s much bigger than me. And women know that. Because if it were just about me, those who sympathize with me would say, ‘I’m so sorry.’ But instead it’s, ‘Wait a minute! This is not just about her! It’s about us! And when are we going to see somebody stand up and say, What are you doing here?’ ”"

You can read the article here

--
Want Hillary In the White House? Sign Our Petition
Click To Sign The Petition
Join Us On: Myspace - Facebook

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to read this entire article! There is so much truth to that and it falls on the shoulders of Democrats, Republicans, and Independents alike!

Manuel said...

For those who admire Hillary I hope this link works.

http://www.hillaryclinton.com/feature/book/?sc=1901&utm_source=1901&utm_meManuelD131

Unknown said...

I'm looking forward to reading this article...I am outraged at how the media has treated Hillary...they should be ashamed of themselves....I praise her for all that she has done...the accomplishments that she has made...to me....she is a winner...and, I'm so honored to have her as my NY State Senator....she has done so much for us and had the media and critics minded their business she would have become our President!!
NEVER give up Hillary...KEEP on following your dream!!
GOD BLESS YOU!!

zen_nonna said...

When can I hear the last of Hillary. It is over over over. Done, Toast. Move on.I have been a feminist for over 60 years and this is just wacko. I under N Y mag they sell magazines and realize there are enough wack jobs out there to buy it but OMG get a life This is rich woman who did not believe one word she uttered. She was selling and you all bought.

ZenNonna in Tampa