Thursday, November 6, 2008

Message from Hillary

We did it! In this incredible year, we have changed our politics, our country and our nation! And I could not be more proud or more grateful to you for sharing this journey with me. From the bottom of my heart, thank you so much for everything you have done, for me, for Barack Obama, and for all our Democratic candidates, to make these successes possible.

I know that President-Elect Barack Obama will lead our country in the new direction we need. And with the great success of our House and Senate candidates, we can make our agenda a reality.

But make no mistake -- our work is not done! I will be doing everything I can in the Senate, working closely with the White House on the goals you and I set out. With President Obama and our strengthened majorities in Congress, we can get our economy back on track. We're going to make sure every man, woman, and child in America has health care. With smart, effective new policies, we will move toward energy independence and create millions of new green jobs. And we're finally going to bring the war in Iraq to a responsible close and reestablish America's relations with our allies around the world.

We cannot do it without you. We're going to need your strong support on these issues. Those who oppose us may have lost yesterday, but they are not going to give up. We have to match their passion and their effort if we truly want to build the America we believe in, and the future our children deserve.

But today, let's celebrate the amazing things we have accomplished and the history we have made. Our journey has been marked with moments of elation and moments of sadness; but now we can take the time to appreciate the difference we have made.

I'm so proud to be on this journey with you. Thank you so much for everything you did -- for me, for our nation, and for our future.

Sincerely,
Hillary

Contribute

--

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go, Hillary!
Congrats to PRESIDENT OBAMA....OUR President!

Anonymous said...

I trust YOU Hillary.
But reading Obama's change site of things he plans to do, I will tell you straight out, as a senior who has volunteered MUCH of my life the past 50 years for all kinds of causes, I am 70 now and NO WAY, NO HOW AM I GOING TO ALLOW OBAMA TO TELL ME I HAVE TO VOLUNTEER 50-100 HRS A YEAR BEFORE I GET MY SOCIAL SECURITY CHECK.

Anonymous said...

I'm proud I voted for Hillary, who won our primary.
Obama has much to do to win me over; replacing his rhetoric with substance would be a good start.

beth said...

"NO WAY, NO HOW AM I GOING TO ALLOW OBAMA TO TELL ME I HAVE TO VOLUNTEER 50-100 HRS A YEAR BEFORE I GET MY SOCIAL SECURITY CHECK."

Do you have a link for this? Because I can't find a THING on Obama's site about REQUIRING seniors to do volunteer work to get their social security checks.

He IS proposing expanding programs that help match WILLING AND INTERESTED seniors with good volunteer opportunities, as away to encourgae community service in general and tap into the knowledge and skills of retirees.