Thursday, December 6, 2007

Hope for America

Tonight, as I enjoy being finished with finals for this quarter, I think of how lucky I am to be able to receive higher education. In fact, much of my education, thankfully is paid for by the state of California (not all of it) and the federal Pell Grant. It makes someone like me, who's parents were never financially able to assist me with my education, get the education I need to further my life.

Man, I'm lucky. To be a citizen of this great country, the United States of America. Fortunate to have a great family who loves me unconditionally, and me the same them. To live where I have the freedom to be whatever religion I want, if any at all. We have a lot to be thankful for, as citizens of this great land. I would never want to live any other place. I truly feel that our country, is more than just land and shores, but that it has a "soul." I really feel that. It's the people who make this great country, the leaders, the teachers, Moms and Dads, Grandparents, our friends, everyone...

I'm optimistic about the future of our country. I believe our country has gone down a dangerous road for the last 7+ years, and we must do what it takes to save the United States of America. We MUST let the Republicans know, that Democrats are united in our stance to take back this country for the PEOPLE! We will fight them, tooth and nail, and we will win!

The 2006 Midterm Congressional Elections are just a HINT of the victories we will enjoy! I'm happy that I have a chance to make history, and elect the first woman president of the USA. But, Hillary Clinton is much more than just a woman running for president. She IS who we need to bring this country back on the right course. It DOES matter, though, that she's a woman. It's not the sole factor that qualifies her for the great office of the presidency, but it matters. Imagine the signal we can send to the world. We talk about America being the country of tolerance, and a place where EVERYONE in this land can obtain their dreams (the American Dream) if they truly work for it. Imagine the message we could send to the world electing a female president! A president who will restore our standing in the World, make sure all of our citizens are taken care of, and protect us from the imminent threats that forever loom!

Great citizens of this nation, be positive and optimistic, for we have a GREAT opportunity to make history this year! Let's make it together, WE CAN DO IT!!

Chris McLeod

4 comments:

Freqsystems said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Freqsystems said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Two of the worst flight attendants in history! Are you certain the termination was not deserved?

Anonymous said...

We Know who you are! You are part of the problem at that Base. Being a timid bigot does not make you any better than those Managers, at least they are honest with their racism, you on the other hand assist them with lies thinking that might justify your bitterness towards minorities, however it really shows what a sad tired old person you really are. Have the decency to QUIT and let real Flight Attendants do the job you take for granted